Tax Withheld Calculator
If you are an employer or another withholding payer, the tax withheld calculator helps you work out the tax you need to withhold from payments you make to employees and other workers. The Australian Taxation Office website provides three (3) online calculators depending on your situation.
1. For standard employment arrangements use the individual non-business calculator
2. If your workers are under a labour-hire arrangement , you should use labour-hire calculator
3. For workers under a voluntary agreement use the voluntary agreement calculator.
Please note, the tax withheld calculator will take into account; income tax rates, Medicare levy, Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) contributions, Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) contributions, workers residency status, tax-free threshold, and tax offset entitlements.
Weekly Tax Table
You should use this table if you make any of the following payments on a weekly basis:
- salary, wages, allowances and leave loading to employees
- paid parental leave
- directors’ fees
- salary and allowances to office holders (including members of parliament, statutory office holders, defence force members and police officers)
- payments to labour hire workers
- payments to religious practitioners
- government education or training payments
- compensation, sickness or accident payments that are calculated at a periodical rate and made because a person is unable to work (unless the payment is made under an insurance policy to the policy owner).
Also use this table for payments made to foreign residents.
You can download a printable version of this Weekly-tax-table-2017-18 (NAT 1005, 935KB) in PDF.
Author: Graham Robinson Google